Peace Corps is an international service organization of the United States. Volunteers
make a difference through meaningful service that tackles the most pressing needs
of people around the world and develop cross cultural, leadership, language, teaching
and community development skills. Global contributions can be made in areas including
education, health, business development, information and communications, technology,
youth and community development and agriculture. Corps members serve in more than
70 countries including Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, South
America, Europe, the Pacific Islands and the Middle East.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to commit 27 months of full-time service
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Monthly living allowance
Graduate school funding assistance
- Student loan deferment (no payment required during service)
- Health insurance coverage
- Vacation time for travel
- Post-service employment support
- Post-service federal employment incentives/priority
- Post-service transition funds (more than $8,000)
- Applications accepted year-round.
Note: The average application process may take 9-12 months.
Click here to view current openings